Archief CTK - Regina Minorum Friary (Regina, SK) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Titel

Regina Minorum Friary (Regina, SK) fonds

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

  • Tekst document
  • Grafisch materiaal

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.

Beschrijvingsniveau

Archief

referentie code

FCA CTK

Editie

Editie

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming

Datum(s)

  • 1923 - 1974 (Vervaardig)
    Archiefvormer
    Regina Minorum Friary, Regina
    Plaats
    Regina, Saskatchewan

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

36 cm of textual and other materials.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

(1931 - 1975)

Biografie

Regina Minorum Friary was established in 1931 when Archbishop McGuigan invited the Franciscans to the Archdiocese of Regina. On 10 May 1931, the Franciscans agreed to purchase what was formerly the Archbishop's residence on 2107 McIntyre Street for the Franciscan residence and closed retreats. The first mass was celebrated in the Friary on 4 Jul 1931. The Franciscan residence was dedicated for closed retreats on 6 Sep 1931. However, in 1932, Archbishop McGuigan requested the Franciscans to forego closed retreats for the time being and instead offer the use of their residence for education. The Franciscans were asked to take charge of the education and formation of future priests. Thus, the Regina Cleri Major Seminary was established in 1932. In 1936, the western commissariate of the Franciscans was formed and Regina Minorum Friary was chosen as the headquarters for the new Commissariate of Christ the King with Fr Celestine Demers, who was the Superior of the Friary and Vice Rector of the Seminary, as the first Commissary Provincial.

Geschiedenis beheer

Bereik en inhoud

Fonds consists of records pertaining to Regina Minorum Friary in Regina, Saskatchewan. Records include foundation documents, visitor's book, Friary chronicles, register of canonical visitations, conventual chapter minutes, discretorium meeting notes, Apostolic trustee records, records of mass celebrated, spiritual and financial reports, personnel records, and general correspondence.

Aantekeningen

Materiële staat

Directe bron van verwerving

Ordening

  • Maintained arrangement of files that were previously processed and arranged by GW.

Taal van het materiaal

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Restrictions on access

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.

Toegangen

Associated materials

Aanvullingen

Contains accession 05-01. No further accruals expected.

Algemene aantekening

Previous number F8A.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer

Trefwoorden

Onderwerp trefwoord

Geografische trefwoorden

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Genre access points

Beheer

Identificatie van het beschrijvingsrecord

Identificatiecode van de instelling

Regels of conventies

Status

Niveau van detaillering

Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering

Taal van de beschrijving

Schrift van de beschrijving

Bronnen

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres