Title and statement of responsibility area
Regina Cleri Major Seminary (Regina, SK) fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
- Graphic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1912, 1930-1976, 1992 (Creation)
- Regina Cleri Major Seminary, Regina
- Regina, Saskatchewan
Physical description area
1.3 m of textual and other materials.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
(1932 - 1975)
Regina Cleri Major Seminary was founded on 6 Jan 1932 and opened in 15 Sep 1932. It was established by Most Rev. J.C. McGuigan, Archbishop of Regina, at 2107 McIntyre street, Regina, Saskatchewan. The seminary was housed in what had been the Archbishop's residence, which was purchased by the Franciscans in 1931. The faculty included Director and prefect of studies, Archbishop Mcguigan; spiritual director, Father Celestin Joseph, OFM; professor of moral theology and prefect of discipline, Father Joseph Phelan; professor of dogma, Very Rev. Hadien Malo, OFM; professor of canon law, Very Rev. Dr. Frank Gerein; professor of sacred scripture, Rev. Father Antoine McGolrick. Courses available included dogmatic theology, moral theology, sacred scripture, canon law, church history, liturgy, ecclesiastical chant, spiritual theology, catechetics, social sciences. The Seminary was closed on 5 Jun 1965. The property was leased as a federal youth hostel for four months in 1974. On 18 Feb 1975, the building was sold and was later demolished.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records pertaining to the students and the administration of the Regina Cleri Major Seminary. Records include rules and statutes, Seminary chronicles, reports and newsletters, correspondence, student records, and photographs.
Immediate source of acquisition
Transferred from the Regina Cleri Major Seminary.
- Maintained arrangement of parts of the fonds that were previously processed and arranged by GW.
- File F8B.150.17 reappraised, File F8B.151.9 refiled elsewhere.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Restricted access to confidential records in student files.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Contains accession 05.02. No further accruals expected.
Previous number F8B.