Fonds CTK - Regina Minorum Friary (Regina, SK) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Regina Minorum Friary (Regina, SK) fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record
  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

FCA CTK

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1923 - 1974 (Creation)
    Creator
    Regina Minorum Friary, Regina
    Place
    Regina, Saskatchewan

Physical description area

Physical description

36 cm of textual and other materials.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1931 - 1975)

Biographical history

Regina Minorum Friary was established in 1931 when Archbishop McGuigan invited the Franciscans to the Archdiocese of Regina. On 10 May 1931, the Franciscans agreed to purchase what was formerly the Archbishop's residence on 2107 McIntyre Street for the Franciscan residence and closed retreats. The first mass was celebrated in the Friary on 4 Jul 1931. The Franciscan residence was dedicated for closed retreats on 6 Sep 1931. However, in 1932, Archbishop McGuigan requested the Franciscans to forego closed retreats for the time being and instead offer the use of their residence for education. The Franciscans were asked to take charge of the education and formation of future priests. Thus, the Regina Cleri Major Seminary was established in 1932. In 1936, the western commissariate of the Franciscans was formed and Regina Minorum Friary was chosen as the headquarters for the new Commissariate of Christ the King with Fr Celestine Demers, who was the Superior of the Friary and Vice Rector of the Seminary, as the first Commissary Provincial.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of records pertaining to Regina Minorum Friary in Regina, Saskatchewan. Records include foundation documents, visitor's book, Friary chronicles, register of canonical visitations, conventual chapter minutes, discretorium meeting notes, Apostolic trustee records, records of mass celebrated, spiritual and financial reports, personnel records, and general correspondence.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

  • Maintained arrangement of files that were previously processed and arranged by GW.

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Accruals

Contains accession 05-01. No further accruals expected.

General note

Previous number F8A.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres