Archief CTK - St. Charles Parish (St. Charles, MB) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Titel

St. Charles Parish (St. Charles, MB) fonds

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

  • Tekst document
  • Grafisch materiaal

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.

Beschrijvingsniveau

Archief

referentie code

FCA CTK

Editie

Editie

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming

Datum(s)

  • 1949 - 2009 (Vervaardig)
    Archiefvormer
    St. Charles Parish, Winnipeg
    Plaats
    St. Charles (Winnipeg), Manitoba

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

12 cm of textual and other materials.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

(Franciscan presence, 1949 - 1979)

Biografie

In 1854, Fr. Louis LaFleche, OMI, constructed a small log chapel by the Assiniboine River to minister to the Metis families in the area. The first regular church was built in 1866 by Fr. Lestanc, but it was destroyed by a windstorm in 1884. A new Gothic-style church building was constructed in 1905. On New Years Eve 1928, this building was destroyed by fire. The church was quickly rebuilt and stood until new additions were started in 1987 and completed in 1988.

In 1917, the parish was transferred from the Archdiocese of St. Boniface to the newly formed Archdiocese of Winnipeg. From 1858 to 1928, the French Oblates were the pastors of the Parish, and the German Oblates were pastors until 1949. In 1949, Archbishop Murray gave the Parish to the Franciscans who administered it until 1979. In 1979, the Franciscans returned the administration of the Parish to the Archdiocese of Winnipeg.

Geschiedenis beheer

Bereik en inhoud

Fonds consists of records pertaining to St. Charles Parish in Manitoba. Records include historical accounts, foundation documents and correspondence, property records, parish chronicles, financial and spiritual reports, bulletins and directories, and photographs.

Aantekeningen

Materiële staat

Directe bron van verwerving

Ordening

Maintained arrangement of files that were previously processed and arranged by GW.

Taal van het materiaal

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Restrictions on access

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.

Toegangen

Associated materials

Related materials

Aanvullingen

Contains accession 06-03. No further accruals expected.

Algemene aantekening

Previous number F10C

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer

Trefwoorden

Onderwerp trefwoord

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Genre access points

Beheer

Identificatie van het beschrijvingsrecord

Identificatiecode van de instelling

Regels of conventies

Status

Niveau van detaillering

Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering

Taal van de beschrijving

Schrift van de beschrijving

Bronnen

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres