St. Charles Parish, Winnipeg

Zona de identificação

tipo de entidade

Parish

Forma autorizada do nome

St. Charles Parish, Winnipeg

Forma(s) paralela(s) de nome

Forma normalizada do nome de acordo com outras regras

Outra(s) forma(s) do nome

identificadores para entidades coletivas

área de descrição

datas de existência

Franciscan presence, 1949 - 1979

história

In 1854, Fr. Louis LaFleche, OMI, constructed a small log chapel by the Assiniboine River to minister to the Metis families in the area. The first regular church was built in 1866 by Fr. Lestanc, but it was destroyed by a windstorm in 1884. A new Gothic-style church building was constructed in 1905. On New Years Eve 1928, this building was destroyed by fire. The church was quickly rebuilt and stood until new additions were started in 1987 and completed in 1988.

In 1917, the parish was transferred from the Archdiocese of St. Boniface to the newly formed Archdiocese of Winnipeg. From 1858 to 1928, the French Oblates were the pastors of the Parish, and the German Oblates were pastors until 1949. In 1949, Archbishop Murray gave the Parish to the Franciscans who administered it until 1979. In 1979, the Franciscans returned the administration of the Parish to the Archdiocese of Winnipeg.

Locais

St. Charles (Winnipeg), Manitoba, Canada.

status legal

funções, ocupações e atividades

Mandatos/Fontes de autoridade

Estruturas internas/genealogia

Franciscans who have been pastors in this Parish include:

  • Fr. Clement Lepine, 1949-1951
  • Fr. Hilary Tardif, 1951-1952
  • Fr. Fidelis Chicoine, 1952-1955
  • Fr. Clement Lepine, 1955-1956
  • Fr. Raynier Chabot, 1956-1961
  • Fr. Felix Surette, 1961-1963
  • Fr. Stan Frytek, 1963-1978

contexto geral

Christ the King Province

Área de relacionamento

Área de pontos de acesso

Pontos de acesso - Assuntos

Pontos de acesso - Locais

Ocupações

Zona do controlo

Identificador do registo de autoridade

CTK

Identificador da instituição

Regras ou convenções utilizadas

Estatuto

Nível de detalhe

Datas de criação, revisão ou eliminação

Línguas e escritas

Script(s)

Fontes

  • 06-03-01, Historical notes on Parish
  • 06-03-18, Liturgy of rededication program

Notas de manutenção

  • Área de transferência

  • Exportar

  • EAC

Assuntos relacionados

Locais relacionados