St. Charles Parish, Winnipeg

Zone d'identification

Type d'entité

Parish

Forme autorisée du nom

St. Charles Parish, Winnipeg

Forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom

Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions

Autre(s) forme(s) du nom

Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités

Zone de description

Dates d'existence

Franciscan presence, 1949 - 1979

Historique

In 1854, Fr. Louis LaFleche, OMI, constructed a small log chapel by the Assiniboine River to minister to the Metis families in the area. The first regular church was built in 1866 by Fr. Lestanc, but it was destroyed by a windstorm in 1884. A new Gothic-style church building was constructed in 1905. On New Years Eve 1928, this building was destroyed by fire. The church was quickly rebuilt and stood until new additions were started in 1987 and completed in 1988.

In 1917, the parish was transferred from the Archdiocese of St. Boniface to the newly formed Archdiocese of Winnipeg. From 1858 to 1928, the French Oblates were the pastors of the Parish, and the German Oblates were pastors until 1949. In 1949, Archbishop Murray gave the Parish to the Franciscans who administered it until 1979. In 1979, the Franciscans returned the administration of the Parish to the Archdiocese of Winnipeg.

Lieux

St. Charles (Winnipeg), Manitoba, Canada.

Statut juridique

Fonctions et activités

Textes de référence

Organisation interne/Généalogie

Franciscans who have been pastors in this Parish include:

  • Fr. Clement Lepine, 1949-1951
  • Fr. Hilary Tardif, 1951-1952
  • Fr. Fidelis Chicoine, 1952-1955
  • Fr. Clement Lepine, 1955-1956
  • Fr. Raynier Chabot, 1956-1961
  • Fr. Felix Surette, 1961-1963
  • Fr. Stan Frytek, 1963-1978

Contexte général

Christ the King Province

Zone des relations

Zone des points d'accès

Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Lieux

Occupations

Zone du contrôle

Identifiant de la notice d'autorité

CTK

Identifiant du service d'archives

Règles et/ou conventions utilisées

Statut

Niveau de détail

Dates de production, de révision et de suppression

Langue(s)

Écriture(s)

Sources

  • 06-03-01, Historical notes on Parish
  • 06-03-18, Liturgy of rededication program

Notes relatives à la mise à jour de la notice

  • Presse-papier

  • Exporter

  • EAC

Sujets associés

Lieux associés