St. Charles Parish, Winnipeg
Parallelle vormen van de naam
Gestandaardiseerde naamvorm(en) volgens andere regels.
Identificatiecode voor organisaties
Franciscan presence, 1949 - 1979
In 1854, Fr. Louis LaFleche, OMI, constructed a small log chapel by the Assiniboine River to minister to the Metis families in the area. The first regular church was built in 1866 by Fr. Lestanc, but it was destroyed by a windstorm in 1884. A new Gothic-style church building was constructed in 1905. On New Years Eve 1928, this building was destroyed by fire. The church was quickly rebuilt and stood until new additions were started in 1987 and completed in 1988.
In 1917, the parish was transferred from the Archdiocese of St. Boniface to the newly formed Archdiocese of Winnipeg. From 1858 to 1928, the French Oblates were the pastors of the Parish, and the German Oblates were pastors until 1949. In 1949, Archbishop Murray gave the Parish to the Franciscans who administered it until 1979. In 1979, the Franciscans returned the administration of the Parish to the Archdiocese of Winnipeg.
St. Charles (Winnipeg), Manitoba, Canada.
Functies, beroepen en activiteiten
Mandaat/bronnen van bevoegdheid
Interne structuren / genealogie
Franciscans who have been pastors in this Parish include:
- Fr. Clement Lepine, 1949-1951
- Fr. Hilary Tardif, 1951-1952
- Fr. Fidelis Chicoine, 1952-1955
- Fr. Clement Lepine, 1955-1956
- Fr. Raynier Chabot, 1956-1961
- Fr. Felix Surette, 1961-1963
- Fr. Stan Frytek, 1963-1978
Christ the King Province
Access points area
Authority record identifier
Identificatiecode van de instelling
Toegepaste regels en/of conventies
Niveau van detaillering
Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering
- 06-03-01, Historical notes on Parish
- 06-03-18, Liturgy of rededication program