St. Charles Parish, Winnipeg

Área de identidad

Tipo de entidad

Parish

Forma autorizada del nombre

St. Charles Parish, Winnipeg

Forma(s) paralela(s) de nombre

Forma(s) normalizada del nombre, de acuerdo a otras reglas

Otra(s) forma(s) de nombre

Identificadores para instituciones

Área de descripción

Fechas de existencia

Franciscan presence, 1949 - 1979

Historia

In 1854, Fr. Louis LaFleche, OMI, constructed a small log chapel by the Assiniboine River to minister to the Metis families in the area. The first regular church was built in 1866 by Fr. Lestanc, but it was destroyed by a windstorm in 1884. A new Gothic-style church building was constructed in 1905. On New Years Eve 1928, this building was destroyed by fire. The church was quickly rebuilt and stood until new additions were started in 1987 and completed in 1988.

In 1917, the parish was transferred from the Archdiocese of St. Boniface to the newly formed Archdiocese of Winnipeg. From 1858 to 1928, the French Oblates were the pastors of the Parish, and the German Oblates were pastors until 1949. In 1949, Archbishop Murray gave the Parish to the Franciscans who administered it until 1979. In 1979, the Franciscans returned the administration of the Parish to the Archdiocese of Winnipeg.

Lugares

St. Charles (Winnipeg), Manitoba, Canada.

Estatuto jurídico

Funciones, ocupaciones y actividades

Mandatos/fuentes de autoridad

Estructura/genealogía interna

Franciscans who have been pastors in this Parish include:

  • Fr. Clement Lepine, 1949-1951
  • Fr. Hilary Tardif, 1951-1952
  • Fr. Fidelis Chicoine, 1952-1955
  • Fr. Clement Lepine, 1955-1956
  • Fr. Raynier Chabot, 1956-1961
  • Fr. Felix Surette, 1961-1963
  • Fr. Stan Frytek, 1963-1978

Contexto general

Christ the King Province

Área de relaciones

Área de puntos de acceso

Puntos de acceso por materia

Puntos de acceso por lugar

Occupations

Área de control

Identificador de registro de autoridad

CTK

Identificador de la institución

Reglas y/o convenciones usadas

Estado de elaboración

Nivel de detalle

Fechas de creación, revisión o eliminación

Idioma(s)

Escritura(s)

Fuentes

  • 06-03-01, Historical notes on Parish
  • 06-03-18, Liturgy of rededication program

Notas de mantención

  • Portapapeles

  • Exportar

  • EAC

Materias relacionadas

Lugares relacionados