Archief CTK - Our Lady of the Angels Parish (Fort Saskatchewan, AB) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Titel

Our Lady of the Angels Parish (Fort Saskatchewan, AB) fonds

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

  • Tekst document

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.

Beschrijvingsniveau

Archief

referentie code

FCA CTK

Editie

Editie

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming

Datum(s)

  • 1908 - 2008 (Vervaardig)
    Archiefvormer
    Our Lady of the Angels Parish, Fort Saskatchewan
    Plaats
    Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

25 cm of textual materials.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

(est. 1908)

Biografie

Our Lady of the Angels parish began as a mission of Our Lady of Lourdes in Lamoureux, Alberta, led by Father Arthur Rappard OFM. The first mass was celebrated on 3 May 1908 in the parlor of Thomas Sullivan. Later that month, on 28 May 1908, mass began to be celebrated in the hall of what was formerly the Victoria Restaurant rented from Napoleon Millette. On 27 Sep 1909, construction began on the church building on one acre of land granted by the government from the police reserve on Government Street. The first mass in the building was celebrated on 25 Dec 1909, Midnight mass and High mass. On 8 May 1910, the completed church building was blessed by Bishop Legal. Franciscan fathers served the parish until June 1950, when Our Lady of the Angels parish reverted to a mission parish of Lamoureux and the Archdiocese of Edmonton took over the parish from the Franciscan Order.

Bereik en inhoud

Fonds consists of records pertaining to Our Lady of Angels parish in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta. Records include parish diaries and ministry notes, financial statements, general correspondence, parish family book, and minutes of the altar society,

Aantekeningen

Ordening

Maintained arrangement of the fonds which was previously processed and arranged by GW.

Taal van het materiaal

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Restrictions on access

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.

Toegangen

Associated materials

Related materials

Aanvullingen

Contains accession 04-04. No further accruals expected.

Begeleidend materiaal

Related object can be found in Artifacts collection: 0404-01

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer

Trefwoorden

Onderwerp trefwoord

Geografische trefwoorden

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Genre access points

Beheer

Identificatie van het beschrijvingsrecord

Identificatiecode van de instelling

Regels of conventies

Status

Niveau van detaillering

Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering

Taal van de beschrijving

Schrift van de beschrijving

Bronnen

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres