Title and statement of responsibility area
Our Lady of the Angels Parish (Fort Saskatchewan, AB) fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1908 - 2008 (Creation)
- Our Lady of the Angels Parish, Fort Saskatchewan
- Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
Physical description area
25 cm of textual materials.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Our Lady of the Angels parish began as a mission of Our Lady of Lourdes in Lamoureux, Alberta, led by Father Arthur Rappard OFM. The first mass was celebrated on 3 May 1908 in the parlor of Thomas Sullivan. Later that month, on 28 May 1908, mass began to be celebrated in the hall of what was formerly the Victoria Restaurant rented from Napoleon Millette. On 27 Sep 1909, construction began on the church building on one acre of land granted by the government from the police reserve on Government Street. The first mass in the building was celebrated on 25 Dec 1909, Midnight mass and High mass. On 8 May 1910, the completed church building was blessed by Bishop Legal. Franciscan fathers served the parish until June 1950, when Our Lady of the Angels parish reverted to a mission parish of Lamoureux and the Archdiocese of Edmonton took over the parish from the Franciscan Order.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records pertaining to Our Lady of Angels parish in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta. Records include parish diaries and ministry notes, financial statements, general correspondence, parish family book, and minutes of the altar society,
Immediate source of acquisition
Maintained arrangement of the fonds which was previously processed and arranged by GW.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Contains accession 04-04. No further accruals expected.
Previous number F5D.
Related object can be found in Artifacts collection: 0404-01