St. Mary's Parish, Cochrane
Parallelle vormen van de naam
Gestandaardiseerde naamvorm(en) volgens andere regels.
Identificatiecode voor organisaties
In 1895, the Oblates of Mary Immaculate built and dedicated a church in Cochrane, Alberta, to "The Holy Name of Mary", forming St. Mary's parish. The parish was served by the Oblates until 1947 when it was returned to the care of the Calgary Diocese. In 1948, the Franciscan Friars were requested by Bishop Carroll to set up retreats in the area and to assume administration of St. Mary's parish. The Franciscans bought land from Harry McConachie and built Mount St. Francis Retreat Centre, which was blessed by Bishop Carroll in 1949. In 1959, St Mary's second church was built after the first church had been subjected to numerous accidents from cars running into the rectory. The Franciscans salvaged lumber from the first church and built a small replica of it on the grounds of Mount St. Francis Retreat Centre. In 1970, St. Mary's parish was returned to the care of diocesan priests.
Cochrane, Alberta, Canada.
Functies, beroepen en activiteiten
Mandaat/bronnen van bevoegdheid
Interne structuren / genealogie
Franciscan Friars who have served in the parish include:
1949, Fr. Thomas Denis
1951, Fr. Wilfred Brazeau
1952, Fr. Edwin Kuefler
1960, Fr. Gandolph Wagner
1969, Fr. Paul Stack
Christ the King Province.
Access points area
Authority record identifier
Identificatiecode van de instelling
Toegepaste regels en/of conventies
Niveau van detaillering
Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering
- "History of St. Mary's Parish." http://www.stmaryscochrane.ca/history.php
- 04.06.05, Centennial celebration history book