Title and statement of responsibility area
Notre Dame du Lac Parish (Lac du Bonnet, MB) fonds
Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal
- Tekst document
- Grafisch materiaal
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
1930 - 1963, 2015 (Vervaardig)
- Notre Dame du Lac Parish, Lac du Bonnet
- Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba
18 cm of textual and other materials.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Naam van de archiefvormer
In 1946, the Franciscans were invited by Archbishop George Cabana of St. Boniface to take over the Lac du Bonnet parish and the missions attached to it. The missions included Bisset, and Red Lake, which could be reached by plane. Besides these, there was Great Falls, Seven Sisters, Milner Ridge, Maple School district and Pointe du Bois. Fr. Sylvestre Beaudet and Fr. Stan Frytek were appointed to take over the work. Fr. Engelbert Paradis after his release as an army chaplain was sent to Lac du Bonnet. He used his army pay to buy a new residence on the lake shore that would serve as the Friary.
Fr. Alberic Frechette was appointed pastor after Fr. Englebert Paradis departed to become the pastor of St. Francis Parish in Edmonton. After Fr. Frechette was offered the Parish at Maillardville, today part of Coquitlam, Fr. Ulric Ell was appointed pastor in 1953-1961. Fr. McRae arrived in 1954 to help with the missions.
In 1955, construction began for the new church building. Fr. Ulric Ell also designed and built the chapel in Whiteshell in 1968. Fr. George Hart was appointed Pastor after Fr. Ulric Ell; the assistant pastor was Fr. Bonaventure (Dureau) until he went to Peru and was replaced by Fr. Fred Doll.
In 1963, the Franciscans left Lac du Bonnet and were replaced by the diocesan priests of the Archdiocese of St. Boniface.
Bereik en inhoud
Fonds consists of records pertaining to Notre Dame du Lac Parish in Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba, as well as its surrounding missions and Red Lake missions in Ontario. Records include historical and foundation documents, reports, chronicles, minutes, photographs, newspaper clippings, and correspondence.
Directe bron van verwerving
Maintained arrangement of files previously processed and arranged by GW.
Taal van het materiaal
Schrift van het materiaal
Plaats van originelen
Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten
Restrictions on access
Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.
Contains accession 06-04. No further accruals expected.