- Educational institution
- 1932 - 1975
Regina Cleri Major Seminary was founded on 6 Jan 1932 and opened in 15 Sep 1932. It was established by Most Rev. J.C. McGuigan, Archbishop of Regina, at 2107 McIntyre street, Regina, Saskatchewan. The seminary was housed in what had been the Archbishop's residence, which was purchased by the Franciscans in 1931. The faculty included Director and prefect of studies, Archbishop Mcguigan; spiritual director, Father Celestin Joseph, OFM; professor of moral theology and prefect of discipline, Father Joseph Phelan; professor of dogma, Very Rev. Hadien Malo, OFM; professor of canon law, Very Rev. Dr. Frank Gerein; professor of sacred scripture, Rev. Father Antoine McGolrick. Courses available included dogmatic theology, moral theology, sacred scripture, canon law, church history, liturgy, ecclesiastical chant, spiritual theology, catechetics, social sciences. The Seminary was closed on 5 Jun 1965. The property was leased as a federal youth hostel for four months in 1974. On 18 Feb 1975, the building was sold and was later demolished.